PacTrans FCU is a not-for-profit financial institution based in Gardena, California. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Pacific Transportation Federal Credit Union (PacTrans)
At PacTrans we value our employees as much as our members. Our employees enjoy coming to work each day because their contributions are valued. Bring your initiative, enthusiasm, passion and experience. In return, we provide a dynamic work environment that is transparent and encourages professional development as well as work-life balance.
- Review and prepare AP invoices. Process all AP checks.
- Perform GL reconciliation/balancing and other accounting and clerical (filing, correspondence) duties as needed.
- Perform month end closing activities, including balancing assigned accounts/GLs.
- Respond to inquiries regarding invoices, expenses, and check requests; resolve invoice discrepancies.
- Provide assistance in the areas of accounting to credit union team members.
- Notarize member documents as needed.
*The functions listed above are not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities are subject to change.
Here’s what you need to be successful:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting (or in process).
- Two to 5 years of accounting experience in a financial institution (preferred).
- Provide exceptional service to internal and external members (customers).
- Understanding of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of ACH, Item processing and Credit/Debit/ATM card functions
- Proficiency in computers, document and spreadsheet processing systems (Excel, Word). Experience with core processing accounting system (Symitar is a plus).
- Ability to multi-task, organization and attention to details.
What we offer:
- Competitive rate of pay
- Fully paid health, vision & dental insurance for employees
- Long term disability & life insurance
- Paid holidays
- Paid Time-Off (PTO)
- Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Plan (EAP)
- Loan discounts
- Great working environment